Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One big art weekend (rain almost stops play!)


One big art weekend....(rain almost stops play!)


Attended the Parallax AF networking event on Friday in Fitzroy Square, London.

Out of the 10 years I spent living in London, I can honestly say that not much changes. A few new buildings, some different faces and plenty of people stood outside pubs drinking beer in the pouring rain! 

It is still one of the best cities in the world, the buzz continues and the urgency to get somewhere was apparent from the moment I entered Paddington station.

The networking event organised by Dr Chris Barlow and his supporting cast was brilliant. I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Barlow quite quickly on arrival and shared some interesting art and architecture stories.


As the rooms filled, introductions to other artists increased and imagine it was similar to a speed dating event. What was apparent was that everybody was really impressed by the whole set up. Was it the canapes? Was it the flow of wine, or was it that everybody was just really happy to be exchanging emails, numbers, website details or just chatting about the art they are going to exhibit.

As I exited the building, my thoughts reminded me of all things great about art evenings. And I was smiling from ear to ear!

As I put my umbrella up and stepped onto the street the reality of London was upon me again. A gentleman with a shopping trolley passed by arguing with an invisible friend.


Was it the wine or weather that had washed the evening away?

Bucks Open Studios

Saturday morning came quickly after Friday night and I opened the studio to the world. I can't say I was clock watching but it seemed that everytime I looked up the heavens had opened up again. A bit of intense sunshine and back to the showers.

Had a few calls saying people couldn't make it, some good luck messages from family and friends and a few neighbours popped by to see what was going on.

At least I got to complete a couple of commissions and a birthday present picture...and theres next weekend to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment